[A-DX] {dxld} fwd: VOA Radiogram, 31 Jan/1 Feb 2015

Roger
Fr Feb 6 17:33:48 CET 2015

Am 01.02.2015 um 15:25 schrieb Roger  [dxld]:
> The CW decoding with FLDIGI was not very good. I chose the purely
> optical method, the beepers in the side view. Nevertheless, I do not
> understand the hidden message in it.
> Clearly, February 3rd, but what the heck is 5XIII ??
>
> http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2015-01-31.htm
> <http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2015-01-31.htm>

After a helpful email from a MARE-member from southern Michigan and
further decoding attempts I have now clarity regarding a date, date of
birth.........

http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2015-01-31.htm#KIM IS LXIII ON 3
FEB
<http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2015-01-31.htm#KIM%20IS%20LXIII%20ON%203%20FEB>

The variant with the Roman numerals I also had in my mind, but the
spectral pattern of the first letter/number was more likely 5 points.
According to analysis of 3 other recordings I have to say:     Yes, it
is in fact the letter "L".
A tiny reception error turned a dash (length of 3 units) in two points
and a space (length also 3 units)......

roger