[A-DX] Irland/Algerien 252

Wolfgang Bueschel
Mi Jan 28 16:07:45 CET 2015

Ich habe den Eindruck, dass TransRadio Berlin mit wenig Fach-Personal die
Renovierung des algerischen LW und 2xMW Anlagen angeht, und das Ganze sich
sehr lange hinzieht, und das lokale TDA Engineering kann da auch nicht
helfen.

LW ist still gelegt seit Mitte März 2014, erste 1000 Hertz Tests Mitte
Oktober 2014, und auch wieder am 18.12.2014. Das Büro in Berlin hat
verneint, dass sie mir über die Feiertage auf meine Anfrage betreffs dem
Renovierungsfortschritt antworten können. Inwieweit auch die Masten durch
Ampegon Schifferstadt zu renovieren sind, ist auch nicht beantwortet worden.

Mal sehen bis die LW 252 kHz, und die Erneuerung der zwei
Mittelwellenanlagen 576 kHz in Bechar und 891 kHz in Ouled Fayet wieder
regulär mit den neuen modernen TransRadio Sender abgeschlossen ist.

Wolfgang

Copy:
No, this is an exact 1000 Hertz audio test tone from the transmitter
Tipaza in Algerien on exact 252.000 kHz.

This audio heard around 0830 UT on Dec 18 on remote SDR unit in southern
Italy with S=9+25dB signal strength.

Re TDA-RTA Algeria / TransRadio Berlin Germany / Ampegon tx masts
Schifferstadt Germany projects in Algeria.

Contract to renew existing equipment in Tipaza Algeria (LW 1500 kW),
Ouled Fayet (MW 600 kW) and Bechar (MW 400 kW) in February 2014.

New TransRadio TRAM1500 transmitter plant.
Last week I had a correspondence mail with the TransRadio (exTelefunken)
SenderSystem AG Berlin Germany company, which performs the renovation of
the transmitter center Tipaza Algeria with new TRAM1500 transmitter,
after 43 years of TDA/RTA service with the old TESLA transmitter system
from Made in CSSR in 1972.

automatic translation:
Thank you for your questions about our major projects and look us. your
interest in our technology In light of the high Workload at year-end and
therefore restricted Resource availability in our home but we ask for your
understanding that we postpone answering your questions indefinitely have.
We are currently working with all available forces on successful
completion of various projects.

Old TDA / RTA Tipaza LW TESLA made transmitter end service
by March 17, 2014.

First 1000 Hertz tone tests of the new tx unit heard on October 17, 2014.

Besides the new transmitter modules, power, air conditioning, interconnect
facial expressions, single / twin transmitter / antenna  interconnection.
New feeder lines from the transmitter building to the mast, and the
overhaul of the 43-year-old TESLA 355 meter tall height antenna - with
corrosion protection and repainting, and vertical copper cables and
extension at 14 kHz digital service bandwidth adjustment.

Work on MW sites of TDA-RTA Ouled Fayet TRAM600 and Bechar TRAM400 with
new installations, and mast renovation will follow.

Tipaza was built by Tesla Czechoslovakia in 1972, the two 2 x 750 kW
transmitter, and the 355-meter high mast, feeder switching network for two
combined transmitters interconnection dummy antenna for testing, antenna
switch and feeder line.

The plant is 43 years old, is located near the Mediterranean coastline, so
have the outdoor suffered by salt corrosion.

TDA / RTA Tipaza 252 kHz comment on TDA website:
This station broadcasting channel III underwent two operations, the
First thing the renewal and replacement of some units (preliminary stage
Tubes) by other more developed (1992), and the other led to the
Restoration of the tower radiant (355m height) has under gone significant
Damage due to its proximity to the sea and to the direct effects of the
1989 earthquake (2001).
(wb, wwdxc BC-DX TopNews Dec 18, 2014)