[A-DX] Radio Caroline / DAB

Roger
Fr Nov 27 12:52:31 CET 2015

http://www.futuredigital.info/index.php/latest-news/

5th November 2015 –
Pioneer music radio station ‘Radio Caroline‘ is the latest service to
join the airwaves of Norwich as part of the Future Digital Norfolk
Limited DAB Digital Radio Multiplex.

‘Radio Caroline’, which began broadcasting in 1964 from a ship anchored
off the Essex Coast, was a popular AM station across East Anglia right
through until 1990 when it was finally taken off air by the authorities.

Read the full press-release – available here.

http://www.futuredigital.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2015_11_15_FutureDigitalNorwich_RadioCarolinePressRelease.pdf

About Radio Caroline
" an iconic giant in the history of UK radio"

Radio Caroline, currently an online and satellite service, was the UK's
first ever
commercial radio station when, in March 1964, it launched its offshore
radio
service from the MV Caroline, a former passenger ferry anchored in
international
waters off Felixstowe.  Playing wall-­-to-­-wall popular music (a
service which was
not available on BBC radio at the time), Caroline was soon followed by a
plethora
of copy -­-cat stations, which helped put the "swing" in the "swinging
sixties".........."*

*
Vertreten in  2 Muxen:

http://www.fmlist.org/sendertabelle/dab-st.php?inputLand=G#Trial%20Aldershot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldershot
"....Aldershot is known as the "Home of the British Army",..."
deshalb wohl in diesem Mux u.a. auch:
BFBS Aldershot  128 kbps DAB MP2 Joint Stereo
BFBS Gurkha  128 kbps DAB MP2 Joint Stereo
BFBS Beats  128 kbps DAB MP2 Joint Stereo

http://www.fmlist.org/sendertabelle/dab-st.php?inputLand=G#Trial%20Norwich*
*
hier noch ein Bericht aus der örtlichen Presse / relativ aktuell:
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/sixties_favourite_radio_caroline_returns_to_the_air_in_norfolk_1_4318539
*".....*A radio station which first made waves across the region in the
1960s is back on the air after 25 years."

“We chose Radio Caroline as the latest addition to the airwaves, not
just because of its local history, but also because its rock-based music
format adds something extra to the choice of available stations in the
greater Norwich area.”

Radio Caroline is broadcasting on DAB *now*.

dortiger Kommentar:
"....Radio Caroline has been available to listen to via RF (Radio
Frequency) in this area since 1990. It is regularly heard on MW on
various frequencies, for example 648khz & it is always a very nice
signal here in Norwich & despite originating from a small low power
transmitter it is often heard across England & into places such as
Holland & beyond. But it is really good to have them available on RF
locally on local DAB. Hearing they were available I dug my DAB radio out
of a draw & started to use it for the first time since I brought it
several years ago. Caroline & Future Radio are so much better than the
boring Borg stations available else where on MW Band 2 FM & DAB.
Personally I may not end up spending less time listening to European MW
stations, online stations & the free radio stations on shortwave, but it
will increase my DAB listening by 100% now that I have two good non Borg
stations on there to listen to. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuEZCnebecQ

roger

****