[A-DX] {dxld} Mighty KBC testing new frequency

Roger
So Sep 27 13:02:44 CEST 2015

Am 16.09.2015 um 18:08 schrieb Mike Terry  [dxld]:
> From KBC's website:
> 7375 kHz MFSK32
>
> In case shortwave reception is "challenging" this weekend, Kim Andrew
> Elliott's digital modes Sunday at 0230 UTC (Saturday 10:30 pm EDT) on
> 7375 kHz will use MFSK32 rather than the usual MFSK64. Text in MFSK32
> is slower than MFSK64, but MFSK32 is more "robust" in difficult
> reception conditions. As usual, the center audio frequency is 1500 Hz.
> To decode the text and image, feed the audio into your PC, using a
> patch cord or just by placing the radio's speaker next to the built-in
> mic of a laptop PC. Use Fldigi from w1hkj.com, or your favorite
> decoding software, to see the text and image. If you have an Android
> device, try AndFlmsg from w1hkj.com/vk2eta/ .
>
> http://www.kbcradio.eu <http://www.kbcradio.eu/>

This is also good for me in the Skip Zone of Nauen.
With MFSK32 text I have via backscatter significantly fewer problems
than with MFSK-64.
But in the pictures there is no difference, either way: stray images

http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/VoA_Radiogram_2015-09-25.htm#KBC

Was there last weekend a useful reception of KBC 7375 kHz in the US at
all possible?
The MUF for the 1st  MaxHop (3000 km)  was significantly below 7 MHz,
according Julisruh:
http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/VoA_Radiogram_2015-09-19.htm#NAUEN

Last night this looked so much better.
http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/VoA_Radiogram_2015-09-25.htm#Juliusruh

With regard to the situation on 7395 kHz there were here no differences
to 7375 kHz.
The signal was good and loud, but the sound was also backscatter-diffus.
Here is the change of CRI - KBC on 7395 kHz:
http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/VoA_Radiogram_2015-09-25.htm#CRI-KBC

https://app.box.com/s/k95nh7mvxwieb3mq1yf0qvb0ljzs707r
2015-09-27_7395_KHz_2300z_CRI-KBC.m4a       ~2MB/ 2min30s

roger