[A-DX] Log: 5910 kHz - Alcaravan?

Wolfgang Bueschel
Sa Feb 6 09:45:05 CET 2016

5910 Kolumbien war einige Tage ausser Betrieb,
aber Glenn hatte gestern diesen sehr aktuellen Report,
die Station ist also wieder auf KW Sendung:

COLOMBIA   5910.05, on Feb 4 at 0547 UT, tropical music at S=9+15dB, so
Alcaravan Radio is back on its usual + offset; no QRM now. BTW, the
Tennesseans on 5830, 5890, 5935 kHz are much weaker, S7 very poor, not
always the case. I had thought HJDH inactive, as I have not been hearing it
after ~0630 UT when I usually start bedtime monitoring. Maybe they sign off
circa 0600 UT now? Also check for sibling on 6010 kHz, finding only a JBA
carrier, maybe something other than Conciencia. I don't check again until
0744 UT when 5910 kHz is definitely off.

I see in WRTH 2016 schedule as 23-10 UT for both 6010 and 5910 kHz, but 5910
kHz has a single dagger by it, unexplained, unlike the double dagger meaning
inactive next to the only other Colombian SW listed, HJOY, LV del Guaviare,
2000-0300 UT with 5 kW on 6035 kHz which has been gone for years, so is
there some reason to expect it back? The April 2015 Domestic Broadcasting
Survey from DSWCI has it on the ever-expanding roster of deleted stations,
as not heard since May 2011.
(Glenn Hauser-OK-USA, hcdx and dxld Febr 5)

5910.260 kHz armchair listening in NJ/NY/MA OstUSA S=9 in peaks.

6010 sieht man zwei: 6010.034 und 6010.086 kHz

Wer ist der Kolumbier ? wer ist der Brasilianer?
ein ewiges Puzzle auf dieser Schwingung.

wb