[A-DX] VOA Radiogram, 10-11 September 2016

Roger
Fr Sep 9 17:54:06 CEST 2016

Am 09.09.2016 um 14:40 schrieb VOA Radiogram:
> What caused the slant? I upload VOA Radiogram as a wav file to the
> transmitting station. They burn the wav file to a CD, which is played
> out through their patch panel. On Friday, 2 September, the audio file
> was burned to a CD on a Mac computer that is not usually employed for
> this task. I think the sampling rate of the sound card on that
> computer was slightly different from the 48000 Hz sampling rate of the
> wav file that I recorded.

I think, this has nothing to do in this case with a sound card.
If you burn a wav file on a computer to a CD-Audio disc, you do not need
a sound card, you only need a CD burner.
But, a WAV-file with 48 kHz sampling rate is incorrect for a CD-Audio.
However, the "burning-software"  needs to re-sample this WAV to 44100
Hz, for the required CD specification, while there were obvious
problems.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_disc#Audio_CD

Perhaps it would be better for the future, to create original planned CD
audio with the correct 44.1kHz sampling to avoid "translation problems".

roger