[A-DX] Malaysia 6050 ? bis 1500 UT

Wolfgang Bueschel
Do Sep 15 13:29:46 CEST 2016

> September 16 - "Malaysia Day," which commemorates the establishment of the
> Malaysian federation on the same date in 1963. It marked the joining
> together of Malaya, North Borneo, Sarawak, and Singapore to form Malaysia.

Die Feiertage könnten möglicherweise zu ausgedehnter Sendezeit auch auf
6050.009 kHz führen, neben 9835 und 11665 kHz aus RTM Kajang.
Sendeschluss normal um 15.00 UT.

Zur Unterscheidung:
PBS Xizang aus Lhasa Tibet Baiding tx center #602,
liegt ziemlich genau auf 6050 kHz
73 wb

6050, Asyik FM, via Kajang, *reactivated* on Aug 22. Had been silent for
most of 2016; local Kajang sunset at 1119 UT and my local sunrise was at
1331 UT.

Heard 1327-1413 UT, in vernacular; many phone conversations; played pop
songs; some adjacent QRM; light QRM from Tibet (PBS Xizang) on frequency;
mostly fair; singing IDs.

Surely this is back on the air for the upcoming Independence Day
celebrations. "Merdeka Day" (Hari Merdeka [Malaysian for "Independence
Day"]) - August 31, 1957 was the day that the Federation of Malaya gained
its independence from British colonization; is a national holiday, with
celebrations leading up to September 16 - "Malaysia Day," which commemorates
the establishment of the Malaysian federation on the same date in 1963. It
marked the joining together of Malaya, North Borneo, Sarawak, and Singapore
to form Malaysia. (Ron Howard-CA-USA)