[A-DX] Shortwave Radiogram, 26-November 2017

Roger
Fr Dez 1 19:46:40 CET 2017

Am 01.12.2017 um 15:02 schrieb Shortwave Radiogram:
> Hello friends,
>
> Last weekend’s experiment with Olivia 64-2000 was very interesting,
> and lots of fun. The mode did provide successful decodes in conditions
> where the MFSK32 would have failed. Warren in Arizona described his
> decode …
>
> I am astounded. Based on your email I received, I set Fldigi to Olivia
> 64/2K and set the radio on 11.580 MHz and forgot about it. About 23:35
> I decided I had missed the broadcast as I was hearing nothing but
> background white noise. I had Fldigi minimized so with the idea of
> shutting it down, I opened it up and was amazed to see text coming in.
> I listened to the entire broadcast and I could not hear the signal nor
> see any of it on the waterfall, yet the text was printing. There was a
> lot of fading based on the quality of the copy changing but there were
> periods of perfect copy and a few sections that were pretty bad.
> Over-all I would say I had 80-90 percent copy of the entire broadcast.

In addition, I have tested the robustness of OLIVIA-64-2K as to the
points: multipath and dropouts.

In both cases, the very good redundancy offers protection in the range
of 1000 milliseconds. (normal signal strength required):

http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/SW_Radiogram_2017-11-25.htm#OL-64-2K

<http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/SW_Radiogram_2017-11-25.htm#OL-64-2K>

<http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/SW_Radiogram_2017-11-25.htm#OL-64-2K>

roger