[A-DX] Kiribati

Eike Bierwirth
Do Dez 7 07:14:39 CET 2017

Passend zum Advent - eine neue Herausforderung für unsere
MW-Spezialisten: Radio Kiribati hat einen Sender auf der Weihnachtsinsel
auf 846 kHz in Betrieb genommen!

Viel Erfolg ;)
Eike

==== Beginn Zitat DXLD ================
Appropriately as we approach the Christmas season, we learn that the
reactivated transmissions of Radio Kiribati on 846 AM are in fact coming
from a new location - London Village on Christmas Island, providing
coverage of the Line and Phoenix Group, including Kanton Island.  Long
time DXers will recall the last radio station on Canton Island - WXLE on
1385 AM.

See attached from the Radio Kiribati Facebook page.

Thanks to Theo Donnelly for encouraging me to do some sleuthing on this one!

Bryan

--
Bryan Clark

For SW & MW DX: WinRadio G33DDC Excalibur Pro & AOR7030+ with
EWE directional antennas to North, Central & South America
For FM DX: Sony XDR-F1HD with 5 element horizontal yagi at 7m height
Google Earth: 36°07'07"S, 174°36'10"E
NZ Radio DX League - Broadcast News Editor, Treasurer & Life Member - NZ
Radio DX League
World Radio TV Handbook - South Pacific Collaborator
==== Ende Zitat DXLD ================