[A-DX] ===> SWRG#61 1600-1630z, today

Roger
Sa Aug 18 14:56:15 CEST 2018

KAE:    "....Shortwave Radiogram today 1600-1630 UTC on 9400 kHz from
Bulgaria. The boss of Space Line will be at the transmitter site to
observe the audio levels. I hope he will find our MFSK modes to be
"mostly harmless.".............."

==> http://www.w1hkj.com/modes/mfsk.htm

alle MFSK-Modi  100% "Duty Cycle"

https://www.quora.com/What-does-duty-cycle-refer-to-on-radios

"When you work digital modes (as I do), that is out the window.  You may
transmit RTTY, PSK, and slow-scan TV.  Your transmitter is running at
full output for the whole duration of the transmission, which may be
many minutes long, especially for image modes.
This beats up on the transmitter finals.  Considerably.  If you want to
use digital modes, you must derate your transmitter;  my Chinese rig is
rated for 20W.  I do not run more than 10W, and it’s usually 5W for
normal use.  That’s a 50% derating at least, and is fairly
conservative.  Your radio may have duty cycle recommendations for you to
follow if you work digital modes."

"Digital" also ziemlich stressig für den Sender.  Bei AM dagegen, und
noch mehr bei SSB,  kann er sich in den Sprech- und Denkpausen etwas
"erholen".

Bei ch292 habe ich "digitalen Schluckauf" allerdings noch nie beobachten
können, nur immer bei Kostinbrod.

roger