[A-DX] "Gough Lui" [Australien] >> Gough's Tech Zone <<

Roger
So Dez 9 16:02:01 CET 2018

Ein Hobbyfreund aus der illustren Runde der "radiogram-Dekodierer".
Neu nun seine Aktivitäten via SWRG-Twitter.
Schon nach einem flüchtigen Blick auf seinen Blog kann man erst einmal
mit den "Augen rollen":

https://goughlui.com/about-me-a-short-bio/

https://goughlui.com/2018/08/19/project-scanning-the-orion-dmr-network-kurrajong-heights-base/
"Getting yourself set-up on digital trunking isn’t exactly a walk in the
park compared to the analog days when you could just punch in a
frequency and begin listening right away. Now you have to contend with
setting up software, configuring frequency maps and talk-group/radio ID
data/priorities. That’s assuming everything works as expected in the
first place – when you discover a bug along the way, then you’re banging
your head against the wall. Audio quality seems to take a hit as well,
but something to listen to is better than nothing even if it might be
legally problematic....."

https://goughlui.com/2013/01/26/working-with-the-ic-r75-and-ic-r20-handy-radio-software/
"...UniTrunker
A very good radio trunking system control-channel decoder which allows
you to follow Motorola 3600bd, 9600bd, EDACS, P25 and MPT1327 trunking
control channels and “steer” an appropriate receiver to follow the
conversations on a trunked radio system. For example, when the GRN was
using Motorola Analog Voice trunking with a digital 3600bd control
channel, I used one radio fixed on the control channel to provide data
to Unitrunker, which then steered my IC-R20 to follow the frequencies
utilized by a talkgroup for a conversations. It is by design that
trunking systems allocate frequencies almost-randomly so monitoring is
difficult without a digital scanner (pricey) or two scanners, one of
which is PC controllable...."

https://goughlui.com/2018/05/30/analysis-dvb-t2-australian-television-networks-test-transmission/

https://goughlui.com/2013/11/10/rtl-sdr-a-tool-for-visualizing-broadcast-satellite-signals/

https://goughlui.com/2016/10/03/experiment-examining-sydney-wfm-subcarrier-signals-rds-acs/
https://goughlui.com/2016/10/09/experiment-sydney-wfm-broadcast-rds-tmc-rt-acs-audio/

https://goughlui.com/2015/10/02/qsl-cards-hfcc-asbu-b15-conference-radio-vaticana-ktwr/

https://goughlui.com/2015/10/03/teardown-modification-sony-an-lp1-active-loop-antenna/
https://goughlui.com/2015/10/16/sony-an-lp1-active-loop-antenna-what-about-putting-it-outside/

https://goughlui.com/2012/12/29/vlf-lf-and-mw-radio-ndb-hunting-atis-dgps-and-broadcast/

https://goughlui.com/2013/01/16/upgrading-an-icom-ic-75-with-the-cr-282-high-stability-ocxo-unit/
https://goughlui.com/2017/11/19/repair-icom-ic-r75-that-wont-turn-on/

https://goughlui.com/2013/02/13/deutscher-wetterdienst-hamburg-germany-radio-fax-the-ultimate-dx/
"...All were received with my Icom IC-R75 with my trusty Wellbrook
Communications ALA-1530L loop antenna from my location in Chester Hill,
Sydney, Australia. I’ve posted this webpage to DWD in request for a QSL
card if possible – lets see if I can get one :)."

Einfach Wahnsinn die Bandbreite seiner Funk/Radio/IT-Interessen.....

roger