[A-DX] {WOR} Shortwave Radiogram, 10-11 Feb

Roger
Sa Feb 10 23:26:09 CET 2018

Am 10.02.2018 um 00:56 schrieb kd9xb:

> Most of the show is in MFSK32, with four images.  There will also be
> an experiment comparing the Olivia 8-2000, 8-1000, and 8-500 modes:
> does it help to concentrate the data in narrower slices of bandwidth
> within the 2000+ Hz available in a shortwave broadcast sideband?
>
> Details and schedule:
> http://swradiogram.net/post/170688809937/shortwave-radiogram-10-11-february-2018

The reception here was too good to notice a difference.
In any case, the experience of the last few years says: Concentrated
data are more advantageous with very weak RF signals, against pure noise.
A wide and interleaved mode is more favorable in the case of audio QRM,
strong and deep fading and multipath.
Here is the AF spectrum of SWRG number 34:

http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/SW_Radiogram_2018-02-10.htm#SWRG

The guy in the picture (for the next WORLD RADIO DAY)  looks like he's
having trouble with a jammer on the same frequency. ;-)

Some trouble was in the second radiogram of BSR.
The MFSK16 signals were on a crooked audio frequency, with no previous
RSID. In addition, the signal wobbled by more than 10 Hz, here was the
MFSK AFC required.
Then there was a systematic text error: each 2 missing symbols
(combination of letters, spaces or line breaks) after various special
characters.
Then 40s of audio data were missing in a MFSK image, filled up at the
end with the following text-audio.
And then at the end still pure html source code. It definitely works
more elegantly, as we know it from the SWRG .....
Here is the digital spectrum #2 of Broad Spectrum Radio, January 2018
Edition:

http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/SW_Radiogram_2018-01-20.htm#BSR_2

roger