[A-DX] SWRG 108 23.31z 9265 kHz MFSK32/64

Roger
Fr Jul 12 01:43:37 CEST 2019

Am 12.07.2019 um 01:36 schrieb Roger:
>  1:43 MFSK32: Program preview (now)
>  2:52  Debate about automated emails via amateur radio
>  5:26  MFSK64: NASA moves to extend life of Voyager probes*
>  9:31  Where German is still spoken in the USA*

Where German is still spoken in the US

      Over 300 years ago, German immigrants crossed the Atlantic
      to reach, among other places, Pennsylvania. Their language
      and culture continues to influence their descendants, as DW
      correspondent Oliver Sallet discovered.

While the farmer himself has never been to Germany, his parents
spoke Pennsilfaanisch Deitsch ("Pennsylvania Dutch"), a German
dialect spoken by the rural population for 300 years that is
still alive today. "Ich kann's ned gud schwätze, aber ich
verstehe" ("I can't speak it well, but I can understand it"),
said Sunday in the local dialect.

https://www.dw.com/en/where-german-is-still-spoken-in-the-us/a-49535403

roger