[A-DX] Für Rom- Pilger u. a. Reisende : R. Vatikan mit Fussball

  • Subject: [A-DX] Für Rom- Pilger u. a. Reisende : R. Vatikan mit Fussball
  • From: "paul gager" <aon.912332257@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:14:24 +0100

Passend zum Beginn der fünften Jahreszeit(LeiLei), folgende Meldung aus der
Chicago Sun Times. (Es geht darum das Radio Vatikan, wie können die nur, nun
auch Fussball im Programm hat). Darunter die Antwort von Radio Vatikan auf
meine Nachfrage.

####

Feint Praise
Vatican Radio talking up soccer/Calcio

 You think people treat sports as something sacred in America?

Take a look- or listen- to Italy.
Vatican Radio has a new weekly programm with cardinals as soccer/Calcio
commentars.

What in heaven' s name is going on?

It is an effort to appeal to a broader section of the audience.

Cardinal Fiorenzo Angelini was the first guest a few weeks ago. He didn' t
like the way the Italian national team' s squad is selected. "There are
pressures and recommendations," Cardinal Angelini said. "The fact that
playing soccer/Calcio has now become an economic reality creates a
consideration where being or not being on the national team can increase or
decrease the commercial worth of an athlete, which is very sad."

What Italy coach  Marcello Lippi finds very confusing is religious officials
talking on sports on radio.

"I understand that Italy is a Catholic country, but now we' ve got
cardinals
talking out?" he said. "I' m having a hard time understanding this."

 "Cardinal Angelini is a Roma fan, " said Luca Collodi, the show' s host and
producer. "As for the pope, that' s still very difficult to determine.
Rumors say he had a preference for Lazio."

The show airs on 105Live, a Roma area station.( Die Gazette schrieb das die
Show in ganz Italien übertragen wird. Ein berühmter OM aus Milano schrieb
das dies nicht stimmen soll)(?)

"It' s a man of God talking sports, an earthly pastime, talking the people'
s language," 105Live director Sean- Patrick Lovett said.

 "Sports is something that the people are interested in". "The church is not
 just about sex scandals and papal decrees."

 Who knew?

###########

Nachdem ich meine Neugier stillen mußte, schrieb ich an
105live@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Re: Calcio on Radio Vaticano(?)

Dear Paul,
Yes, Vatican Radio does have some sport programmes!  One that I know of is
on the Italian programme, which is the one you quote, and then there's a
weekly slot on the Africa programme.  Both of them are only short features,
but Vatican Radio is certainly not all that people sometimes think it to be!
I'll put you on our daily e-mail list and then you can judge for yourself.

If you are in Austria, it is possible to hear Vatican Radio on SW, but it
can be difficult.  The website at www.105live.vaticanradio.org is much
easier and clearer.

God bless,
Sr. Janet
Vatican Radio's One-0-Five Live, Vatican Radio, Vatican City
 www.105live.vaticanradio.org,  tel: 0039 06 698 84398/83047/84837

########

Durch diesen unscheinbaren Artikel in einer Zeitung in Chicago bin ich nun
täglich auf dem neuesten Stand was so in Rom und Umgebung passiert. Die
daily e- mail kommt pünktlichst.

73
Paul