[A-DX] RadioNZ OGG format

  • Subject: [A-DX] RadioNZ OGG format
  • From: "Wolfgang Bueschel" <BueschelW@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:44:05 +0200

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/saturday

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon

OGG format Zugriff ist nunmehr zusätzlich beim RadioNZ in der Einführung.
Geht hier gut mit freeware programm Media Player Classic und auch NERO v8.

73 wb

Starting soon, we will be offering a new audio format on the website.
We currently offer Windows Media Audio and MP3.

The new format is called Ogg Vorbis. It is higher quality than MP3,
although it is not widely used thus far because some players do not yet
support it.

The Ogg Vorbis technology is free of any patents, and is preferred by
some people because it is publically documented and is not associated
with any commercial vendor. It is also the primary audio format for
about 1.5% of our web visitors.

The use of this format will open up our content to this particular
audience, and give all our listeners the choice of a higher quality
format.

We've already tested the format on the Saturday Morning programme -
see this page for an example of the changed layout:

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/Saturday

At this stage we'll be rolling it out to other programmes as time
allows. We will not be doing this where copyright restrictions forbid
downloads.