[A-DX] Für die [Radio-]Ungestörten mit den grossen Ohren

  • Subject: [A-DX] Für die [Radio-]Ungestörten mit den grossen Ohren
  • From: "Wolfgang Bueschel" <BueschelW@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:58:53 +0200

Hinter Enga haben noch andere -- ein Fragezeichen gesetzt. 73 wb

PAPUA NEW GUINEA. Nice Papua New Guinea this morning, April 20, with the
following noted all peaking variously between 1115-1145 UT. Most stations
carrying the Talkback show, with calls from many parts of Papua New Guinea.
Most of the stations carrying the Talkback program played the National
Anthem at 1158.

3219.975, NBC R Morobe - pop music, talk.
Poor 3235.000, NBC R West New Britain - reggae flavored songs.
Poor-fair 3259.995, NBC R Madang - \\ Talkback program.
Fair 3274.992, NBC R Southern Highlands - woman and man talk in lang.
Poor 3289.998, NBC R Central - \\ Talkback program.
Poor-Fair 3304.990, NBC R Western - \\ Talkback program.
Poor 3314.998, NBC R Manus - \\ Talkback program.
Fair-Good 3325.000, NBC R Buka - \\ Talkback program.
Fair-Good. 3334.970, NBC E East Sepik - \\ Talkback program. Fair-Good.
3364.984, NBC Milne Bay - \\ Talkback program.
Poor-fair. 3905.004, NBC R New Ireland - \\ Talkback program. Good.

I assume these are currently the only PNG's active, no sign of any stations
at all on the other frequencies. The Perseus recording was set too high to
check for Enga on 2410 kHz. 73,
(Brandon Jordan-TN-USA, dxld Apr 21)

Brandon, Enga has been off the air for many years. I don't think the
transmitter exists anymore. I had an email from one of my friends claiming
that 4890 was back on the air around Christmas time. I never saw any other
reports on this, and am sceptical that it actually ever came back.
(Walt Salmaniw-BC-CAN, dxld)

Hi Walt. I believe I saw a tentative log of possible Enga, or someone else
in English, on 2410 kHz in the latest DXLD. Can't hurt to check just in
case. ;)
(Brandon Jordan-TN-USA, dxld)