[A-DX] Shortwave Radiogram, 9-10 Dec

Roger
Sa Dez 9 13:16:13 CET 2017

Am 09.12.2017 um 10:09 schrieb  [dxld]:
> The Sunday 2330-2400 UTC transmission on 11580 kHz from WRMI Florida,
> lately not heard well in most of the world, will be in Olivia 64-2000,
> Olivia 32-1000, and Olivia 16-500.
> Details and schedule:
> http://swradiogram.net/post/168319819732/shortwave-radiogram-9-10-december-2017-fun-with

I've made a comparison of the rugged modes of the 24-S  & 25-S
SWRG-broadcasts.
Here the optical appearance:

http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/SW_Radiogram_2017-12-02.htm#7x-test

In terms of weakest signals, OLIVIA 64-2000 fails below a certain field
strength mark. Only OLIVIA 16-500 can play in this league. MFSK-8 is the
leader.
In a multipath collision of the signals (example 30ms at 100 percent),
the OLIVIA modes gain in importance, MFSK-8 increasingly fails.
OLIVIA 16-500 seems the best compromise, albeit the slowest.

And because the receiving reality is an unpredictable mix of everything,
there are different winners for the various points on Earth each time.

Also IFKP1.0 is an alternative. But here the text is stored separately
in a file, it disappeared from the normal reception window of FLDIGI.
With unattended decoding, many OMs thought that IFKP was "not working".
The log-file can be found here:
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\fldigi.files\temp\ifkp_audit_log.txt

http://www.rhci-online.net/gallery/ifkp_audit_log-txt.lnk

Here is a summary in a simplified diagram:

http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/SW_Radiogram_2017-12-02.htm#diagram

roger