[A-DX] Shortwave Radiogram, 13-14 January 2018

Roger
Sa Jan 13 10:09:10 CET 2018

Am 12.01.2018 um 16:46 schrieb Shortwave Radiogram:
> Last weekend’s Thor Micro was generally successful in weak-signal
> conditions, although this mode failed when received via a multipath
> signal.

Once again, I turned to THOR Micro and did a comparison test versus
MFSK8, a frequent winner in terms of pure noise. (as part of the radiograms)
I am really impressed with the absolutely clear results in favor of THOR
Micro.
This, apparently for the weakest groundwaves (LF) designed digital mode,
plays in another league of noise-breakers.
Far beyond the readability of an RSID or single MFSK8 letters, THOR
Micro convinced with 100% decoding.
The signal is no longer audible in the noise, only a clear trace in the
spectral frequency view can be seen.
Here is the link to my test wave file, which you can listen to and
decode: (THOR Micro @ 1500 Hz, adjust manually)

http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/SW_Radiogram_2018-01-06.htm#THORmicroTEST

roger