[A-DX] "Somethings always wrong at RHC, even via the internet"

Roger
Sa Apr 20 08:17:55 CEST 2019

Am 18.04.2019 um 05:51 schrieb Brian Powell:
 > I have recently downloaded the RHC English language podcast from
Tuesday 16 April, released via German organisation Radio360.eu. This
daily episode was particularly strange, as the internet feed that was
recorded had bleed-over from Radio Reloj (ID’d by its distinctive Morse
ID “RR” every minute). Did anyone notice (on the 16th) whether or not
this bleed-through was apparent on shortwave as well on this day?

Am 18.04.2019 um 06:31 schrieb KG5JST - James Branum:
 > I didn't happen to listen on the 16th so I can't answer your question.
 >
 > But on a related note... I know that Glenn loves that phrase
"somethings always wrong at RHC" but the phrase has been overused to
death IMHO, and leaves out the context that Cuban radio operates under.

 > I got to visit RHC in 2016 and saw with my own eyes how primitive of
an operation things are (i.e. they are still using typewriters for much
of the postal correspondence with listeners). The fact that RHC, Radio
Progreso and Radio Rebelde are able to successfully transmit at all in
light of the embargo (which blocks Cuba from getting even repair parts
for their transmitters without working through third countries) is a
wonder and a testament to the tenacity of the Cuban radio.

 > Obviously not all of the problems at RHC can be blamed on the
embargo, of course, but I prefer their programming to the overwhelming
majority of what is being aired on SW these days. Certainly much better
than VOA and Radio Marti.

 > James
 > KG5JST
 > Oklahoma City

KG5JST ist der Produzent von Broad Spectrum Radio, hier sein Radiogram
mit Cuba-Relevanz, u.a. ein Selfie mit Irma:
http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/SW_Radiogram_2018-09-28.htm#BSR_20

roger