[A-DX] Radio Martí DRM audio sample

Roger
Sa Feb 8 00:16:27 CET 2020

Am 07.02.2020 um 22:36 schrieb kd9xb via Groups.Io:
> Today I was able to find a receiver near Miami with no other users.
> Perfect for testing Radio Martí audio.
> An audio excerpt and screenshot are here:
> https://swradiogram.net/post/190704263012/radio-mart%C3%AD-drm-audio-excerpt-from-transmitter-in
> Even with an SNR above 20 dB, a few brief dropouts were noted.

I think back to Radio Marti's attempts at digital text transmission in 2014.
http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/VoA_Radiogram_2014-10-04.htm#KBC

Despite strong interference and daytime attenuation, the signals could
be decoded without errors here in Europe.
http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/VoA_Radiogram_2014-10-04.htm#Marti
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pno3n4rucat00h9/STUDIO1-2014-10-04_5980_kHz-8kHz-.mp3?dl=0

If you restrict yourself to pure information (without music and
jingles), an additional "text to speech" app would give a radio-like
impression, with extremely high error protection.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/usfizw8yt6e6z8v/STUDIO1-2014-10-04_5980_kHz-8kHz-txt-to-speech.wav?dl=0

But for something like that you need very smart radio receivers. ;-)

roger