Re: [A-DX] Radio Kahuzi wieder on air?

  • Subject: Re: [A-DX] Radio Kahuzi wieder on air?
  • From: Christoph Ratzer <dx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:08:40 +0100

Am 12.03.2007 um 18:25 schrieb Name gelöscht:

es sieht so aus, als ob Radio Kahuzi wieder on air ist. Leider hat man aber wohl bei der Senderüberholung in Elkhart den leichten Frequenzversatz beseitigt.

Bravo Martin, richtig erkannt!

This from Rich and Kathy McDonald, back in the saddle in Bukavu, Congo DR:

"Though we're still getting over the air travel and colds, Becky and I got
the Short wave on the air today at 2:15 PM, working gradually up to 1010
Watts. Then backed off to 900 watts to be conservative. Everything seems to
work just right!!

Early this morning we got a phone call from Gen. Dunia in Baraka asking if
ours was a technical outage or what. We shared how HCJB had us bring the
transmitter for repairs, that we had just returned, and hoped to be on the air that day. Very pleased, he thanked us for the Bible tracts we had sent him such as the one we wrote, "... juu ya Amani," Eternal Peace. We promised
to send him more Bible study materials.

All the team worked like family today, coming up with lists of listeners who
had called in during our absence, stating how much Radio Kahuzi means to
them.

The director of the National Radio in Uvira near Bujumbura called many times indicating Radio Kahuzi was the only way they have had all these years, and now to complete their great outreach into the territories and countries to the South and East with the Bukavu news via our FM and Short Wave signals. So they and the population are very, very happy today to be back in the know
again!

The Radio Kahuzi transmitter is fixed and on the air, presumably still on nominal 6,210 and still with same sched. I never had my hoped-for interview
with Rich and Kathy as Rich was sick with the flu almost the entire time
they were here in Southern CA.

Bruce (via DXplorer)

73 Christoph

--