[A-DX] a True Silabs Chip radio from German importer?

  • Subject: [A-DX] a True Silabs Chip radio from German importer?
  • From: Marc Coevoet <sintsixtus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 00:49:53 +0200

Good news, I bought me a radio in Brussels in a small shop that is a Silabs implementation with good LW.

It had the features of a Silabs Based radio, like the Tecsun pl 390 (or 310/360/380), and at home I opened the box, and saw the silabs component inside ...
http://home.comcast.net/~phils_radio_designs/Si4734_Hardware.pdf

The chip was used in an Elektor radio project last summer.

While the Tecsun suffer from poor LW implementation, here the LW works great: I live near the Coast/Dunkirk, and on 234 I have the strong RTL, while I can still receive 225 Radio Poland. Going up to 227 is still Poland, and further 229 is 50/50 Poland/RTL. So, the filter works great.

The German importer did a good job,
http://www.e2service.de/bda/JGC/jgc-ur-210.pdf

Unfortunately, I can only say the shop is close to "Place Rouppe" in Brussels... But the radio will be sold elsewhere (on internet?)

I dare to say I payed 109 euros, although it might have been 15, 39 or just plain 20.

Marc
http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk