[A-DX] Re: [A-DX] AW: [A-DX] Amateurfunk-Betriebsart: neu (für mich): aber was?

  • Subject: [A-DX] Re: [A-DX] AW: [A-DX] Amateurfunk-Betriebsart: neu (für mich): aber was?
  • From: df5jl@xxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:08:11 +0200 (CEST)

Es war doch WSPR ("Whisper"), Nils - wie ich vermutete. 73, Tom DF5JL

Hier Mikes Antwort:

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your email and query concerning my 20m signal.
I'm using using standard WSPR 2.11 on 14.0956 MHz with 5w rf to an indoor 20m dipole.
I had set up the CW ident to automatically send my callsign, but I don't think that is a requirement of my licence and I have now removed that.

My station set-up is:
Icom IC-718 radio.
Sony Vaio notebook running Windows 7 (Starter edition) and WSPR 2.11.
My interface is home brewed and very similar to Icom's CT-17 interface.
I use a purchased FTDI USB to RS232 converter to provide the serial connection from the notebook to my interface.
The interface unit connects to the radio via the CI-V jack (for control of the radio) and the 13-pin Aux connector (for audio in/out and PTT control).

My interface was published as a construction article in the June 2011 edition of Practical Wireless magazine.

Hopefully my signal is being received as it should be. I keep the audio level down to avoid overdriving the Tx and I hope my signal is clean.
I'm very pleased with the results I'm achieving and the distance my signals reach with only 5w and indoor dipole!

Thanks, again for your email and I hope I have answered your query.
I would welcome any further comments, especially if you see any problem with my transmission.

Best 73,
Mike
G3UED